Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Twisted Knee Tuesday

Remember the quiet Monday I talked about yesterday? It seems so long ago.... Today was quite the opposite but I guess that was a good reason to rest up yesterday. I hit the gym at 8:30, that's always a good way to start ones day pumping a little iron. 'Little' being the operative word here as I hurt my knee and she wouldn't let me do much. There is something about carrying a 50lb. bag of horse grain into the barn, going under the bar and twisting ones knee that will really make your day. The bar is up across the open door so if one of the horses should accidentally get out of their stall they can't get out of the barn. Now I always take the bar down before I carry in grain, but no, I had to take a short cut and now am paying for it. Nothing serious, just an inconvenience.

Now I have to go past Jo-Ann Fabric when I go to the gym and it calls my name as I go by telling me about all of the new things that they have in stock so of course I have to stop there on my way back by. I usually get my fabrics from quilt shops but Jo-Ann's does have lots of items that I use and they did have the Princess fabric that I am so enthralled with lately so it's always worth a looksy. You do know by now that I have an addiction. I'm not proud to talk about it but it is there and I deal with it. (I deal with it by buying more sewing supplies) lol!

Next I had to go pick up someone and give them a ride to the next town which is where my sister in law lives so I visited with her for a few minutes. We used to call that a 'door yard call' but I don't think anyone young knows what that means these days. I had to get some pictures from her of our mother in law that passed away 15 years ago to put on the memory board that we are doing at church for Easter Sunday.

My next stop was the church as we still are working on the Easter decorations. We used lilacs and tulips this year, fake ones due to all of the allergies, but they sure do look real. We purchased some new banners for Easter and they are beautiful. I hope I can get some pictures of them but they are way up above the choir loft so I don't think the picture would come out very well.
Next stop was to drop off some costumes to one of the people that is going to be in the talent show on Saturday night. She and her husband are going to be the couple on the old Green Acres show so he needed overalls and she needed a real dressy dress. I had one that I wore while on a convention in California one year and it is floor length with lots of gold and sparkle so should do fine. (that was early 90's so is nice and tacky.)

I came home after a quick run through the drive thru at McD's and my house felt rather chilly. I like it chilly so it had to be REALLY chilly for me to even notice. Sure enough the furnace was out for the second time in two weeks so I called the service dept. and they sent someone right over. I figured he would hit the reset button and the thing would start right up but it didn't and he installed a new starter.

The carpenter was here when I got home. He is working on my sun porch and he had a few questions. The stove isn't in yet nor the new windows but he is painting for a couple of days so hopefully they will be in by the time he is done.

By this time I was itching to get down in my sewing room. I had some funky cat fabric that I had in my stash that I wanted to work on. I get a lot of my fabric out of Peducah Kentucky and they have the best stuff.

I don't know if you can enlarge these or not but these cats and mice are just so cute. I need to get the straps and buttons put on and it will be done. I haven't even started on the coastal/lobster order yet, guess I should stop playing and get that done.
Husband had a dinner meeting so I had a bowl of cereal for my supper. Makes for less clean up. Now American Idol is on so guess I'd better get glued to the tv. Chris just sang and it was a mess, poor guy. Gina did a good job on her song, Simon even liked it. Now if she could just get rid of the black nail polish! Oh no, look at Sanjaya's hair! I'm going to have nightmares!


Donna said...

I'm not an American Idol fan, but my daughter is. I was rather peeved at them tonight, because they ran late and caused House to start late. So I chose to watch Law and Order instead of House.

KC said...

WOW, your normally the one telling me reading about my day makes you tired, but your day just made me tired :) You had one busy day. Sorry to hear about your knee, I hope it feels better soon. The church sounds like it looks great and that is cute cat and mice fabric.
I didn't start watching American Idol this time around, but I have watched it all the other years, for some reason(called blogging LOL) I just don't have the time for TV like i did last year.

I'm going over to my blog right now to write about about Princess doctors appt. yesterday since you asked about it.

Suzy said...

Wow, you sure had a busy day !!!
Wore me out just readin' your post!!
Is that a purse that you were making ? I used to have a fabric addiction, but now it's Hubby that's always at Joanne's.( He has a second job as a craft book vendor ).

Thanks for stopping by my blog!