Friday, March 2, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!


I guess we are actually going to get what the weather men are predicting. It's not always the case here as we are fairly close to the ocean and sometimes the big storms track out there. This one started this morning about 7 and has gone steady all day so far.

I was supposed to go swimming with the grandkids this morning before I went to the gym but that got cancelled darn it! Just think it would have been my first chance to get into a bathing suit since last summer with Thanksgiving, Christmas, three conventions and many Dairy Queen runs in between........ just envision about that! I hope the ole' suit has some stretch in it!


Anyway I went to the gym and had to make a run to the feed store for grain and came home. The roads are pretty slick but with 4 wheel drive I was fine as long as I stayed out of the way of the people that must think it is July with bare roads by the way they were driving....


The wild turkeys were waiting for me when I arrived home. I didn't get any feed out to them before I left so they were a little grumpy but gobbled in greeting and then gobbled up the grain I threw out.





We have 26 of them and they come around about every day for their hand out and then roost on the pasture fence and sun themselves and groom. One of our horses doesn't like them and he chases them every chance he gets but never catches one. They fly when they need to and go way up in the branches of the trees.


So it looks like it will be good snowmobiling tomorrow after all of this dies down. They are predicting 6 to 12 inches of snow so we are hoping for the later.

5 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Gorgeous! Wish I were there.

Susie said...

Love your pictures. The snow looks so beautiful and white..
26 Turkeys?? What fun! My son has about that many that he feeds too!
:)

Tonya said...

I love your pictures! Wish I could see that snow one day! I will get you some links to some of our horsey info and you can just e-mail me what all you would like to know. I could talk for days about my horses!!!!

palmtreefanatic said...

wow! I love to watch the snow fall, Though I hate COLD weather, I love the snow as long as I can stay inside!
I know it is fun to play in but still too cold for me:)
I love these photos....simply gorgeous!

Joan said...

What a beautiful winter wonderland photo...I'm envious. Hope you have a great time snowmobiling!