Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday Night Cubbies


It's been a busy Sunday as usual. We always go out to eat after the morning service so don't get home until about 1 or 1:30. The afternoon is usually spent sewing or playing with the computer unless the kids come over or have games that we attend. Evening service is at 6 with the kids youth group starting at 5:30.


Tonight I thought I would go in and get some pictures of the kids wearing their Cubbie vests in their youth group as I hadn't taken any there for a while. They earn little patches that we sew on and it is always exciting when they get a new one. They memorize scripture verses much better then I can at this point, don't know where my memory went but it's gone......




I visited for a few more minutes, took a few more shots, let each grand take a shot and then was ready to go upstairs to the evening service. Do you remember the attachment I acquired to my leg when I was trying to leave granddaughter's swimming class? Tonight I acquired two attachments when I tried leaving Cubbie group!!!



I really needed to get upstairs so was trying to get them unattached but they didn't want me to leave so I had to threaten........ahem...... suggest that I would have to go get Daddy if they didn't let go. Hummmmm.....worked like a charm, amazing what a little suggestion will do!






4 comments:

Susie said...

It's hard to walk around with those cute attachments!!

Joan said...

Walking around with leg attachments might be difficult but what an interesting idea for exercise...living leg weights! :-)
Great photos of the kids in their Cubbie vests!

palmtreefanatic said...

cute photos! love them! My kids were in a youth group on wedneasday nights, my youngest was in Rainblows and they had a similar vest they wore over a rainblow shirt and also earned patches...it was fun while it lasted but they all 3 lost interest in going, and quite truthfully to run them over there for 1 hr and for as much as they got tired of it well it was best to end it! I do think they learned some great stuff there though! And I will cherish Kedrics vest forever! Your kiddos cubbies are too too cute!

KC said...

Might make it hard to walk but those sure are some cute leg attachments you have there. Next sunday night at Awanas for my kids is parents night, I'm going to see if my mom can come also this way each of the kids will have one adults with them at a time and then we can keep an eye on the clock and do rounds like DH can start with Mr Man, my mom with Sweet pea and Me with Princess and then we will switch DH with sweet Pea, Me with Mr Man and Grandma with princess and then switch again this way each kid has someone and I get to go into all there classes, It's sort of funny I have a kid in each group(well except teen club I'm not ready for that yet LOL) Little man is in the nursary(when he will stay), Sweet pea is in Cubbies, Mr Man is in Sparks, and Princess is in T&T(turth and training)