Monday, March 19, 2007

Shopping Volume 2

My sister has been here visiting for a few days so we have been making the rounds of her favorite stores. I've shopped more in the last week then in all the months since after Christmas. We hit all the antique shops the first day she was here that she likes but didn't find anything exciting. It's usually a hit or miss thing with those. Next was Marshall's this morning but it wasn't open yet so we went to the dollar store next door. Now I'm not a great fan of dollar stores but this one was loaded up on Easter supplies so we got all our stuff for our grand children's baskets. Next I had to have my license renewed so we went to do that. I even had to take an eye test but that was only about 5 seconds long and then had a new picture taken. He asked me if all the information was current on my old license and it was except my weight that was put on there when I was 16 years old. That has changed a bit.........a big bit.......but I chose to keep it the same on my new license, sort of a reminder of my thin youth.

My granddaughter is spending the night tonight. She has had her shower, is in her jammies and is playing with Noodles until it's time to go to bed. We have done some crafts, watched a movie and now supposedly are relaxing before bedtime. Tomorrow she will go with me to the gym, chiropractor and then we will do some errands which will probably include a trip to Toys R US and McDonald's Play Place.

Guess that's about it around here. No real juicy bloggy fodder but tomorrow is another day. Didn't I hear that in Gone With The Wind?

3 comments:

Joan said...

Wow...you've had one exhausting week. I'm not too fond of Dollar stores either but every once in a while I go in and manage to find stuff to buy.
I too still have my original weight on my driver's license and, every time I have to pull it out, I see that weight and it reminds me that it's still my goal to get there again someday.

palmtreefanatic said...

wow! I am exhausted from reading your post:) hope you will relax a bit!

KC said...

Sounds like you have had a great week, dollar tree, Mcdonalds playland and Toys r us.. you just hit 3 of my childrens favorite places.. LOL. The Dollar tree is good when the kids need a treat for something you can take them in and say you can have whatever you want :) and it's only going to cost you $1 LOL.
Sorry you couldn't get into my photos.. I have them at a website called clarkcolor.com and they do have you sing in to view them, sign up is free and everything except buying prints is free.. so if you would like to view them here is the link to them
http://tinyurl.com/2bt2ss you just have to pick a user name and password.. if you don't want want to be bugged with signing in I understand that also :)