Sunday, February 18, 2007
















My Granddaughter under the hat! K. on his 4-wheeler.











It has been a nice quiet Sunday afternoon here in the North East. They were predicting some more snow but we only got a little dusting so we were kind of disappointed but at least we have enough to get out and play a bit. Yesterday was K. birthday. K is actually my daughter in laws sisters son but we consider him another grandchild. He has always been a part of our lives and actually lived my son and daughter in law for a couple of years along with his Mom. His party was at the lake and it was a gorgeous day for it. The kids were out on the ice having a great time, snowmobiling, sledding and all the fun things we do here in Maine in the winter. Nothing melts my heart like a youngster with bright rosy cheeks from playing out in the snow. It is beautiful! I'll post a couple pictures but in my blogging challenged state they never seem to be in the order I want them but you'll get the drift........no pun intended.......





My grandson coming back up the hill. Some of the other children having fun.






Oh my. So far the pictures are going where I want them to go! Now whether they will be there when I publish this that remains to be seen.




It was a fun party and so nice that the weather co-operated and wasn't too cold on the lake. My son and a friend rode out on their snow sleds and it took them about 3 hours to get there but they enjoyed the ride.



My son after a LONG ride. Like father, like son.
On the way home I was thinking of just a few of the many blessings that we have been bestowed. Family, good friends, fun, joy, a beautiful place to live, just to name a very few as there are so many more I couldn't begin to list them all. We had one child and he married a gal that we love as a daughter. We have two plus one grandkids and in-laws that we like so well we vacation with them several times a year. I couldn't have asked for two families to blend as well. Hey, it could have been the Hatfield's and the McCoy's!









No comments: