Sunday, April 29, 2007

Vacation Doubts


I should be packing or at least getting an idea of what I want to take on our upcoming vacation but here I am on the computer trying to figure out how to do a link back. How do you do a link back? I found these adorable Disney graphics at Disneyclipart.com and they are free the only thing they want is a link back on your site to let people know where you got them but computer illiterate me is having a hard time linking the thing back. Can anyone give me some direction in the matter????? We are leaving on vacation on Friday morning to go to Florida for a week. The grandkids are looking forward to this with great anticipation but they can't figure out why we aren't staying at Disney this time. I wanted to stay someplace different for a change so suggested we try Universals Hard Rock Hotel this time. Well that went over like a lead balloon. Now these kids have been to Disney four times in their short lives, D's first time was actually still in the womb so I don't know if that really counts but this is my blog so I say it counts. (Grammie is getting tough in her old age!) heehee! Any how I decided that I was paying for the hotel so I would decide where we are going to stay and now I am having second thoughts.

I asked the lady on the other end of the phone if this was a quiet hotel as the name of it might suggest otherwise and she assured me that it is and if by chance we got beside someone that was noisy we could move or they would move the noisy ones. In all the years and all the different hotels we have stayed in at Disney we have always been happy and had nice quiet accommodations. I just want to do something different but hopefully the different won't be a noisy not up to par suite.

My grandkids are asking why Goofy, Minnie and Mickey aren't going to be at breakfast each morning. I'm trying to tell them we are going to see other characters at breakfast this time. It doesn't compute with them. I'm getting more nervous as each day goes by..........have I made a mistake in my insisting on 'doing something different'? Time will tell but I really should be making a mental list if nothing else on what I need to take instead of being on the computer.



6 comments:

Susie said...

It's hard to beat the Disney hotels, but we don't have quite the choices here in CA that you do in FL!
To link back: go to your dash board, go to layout, go to add a page element, then to links list, paste in the address and title it Disney Clip art. (or whatever you choose to call it) it will link back to the disney page. I have it on my sidebar at the very bottom.
xo

Musings of a Housewife said...

Have a blast!!

Still no new design?? Bummer...

KC said...

I'm sure no matter where you stay the kids are going to have a blast. I mean they are going to Disney they will see Mickey, they will be on vacation with Grandma and I'm sure they will have a pool what more could you ask for.
I getting ready to go and post about the last part of our Easter day, which will be day 3 part 3 of my spring vacation post. Once I get that done I'll start working at getting the florida part of our spring vacation photos up and ready to view.. It seems to take me forever to get my photos in order and online..

Have a wonderful time on your vacation and have a safe trip. We will miss you here in blogging land.

Hold Your Horses said...

I don't see anything wrong with mixing things up a little bit - it's not like they'll never stay at Disney again! Besides, with you paying for everything that you are, I think they should be THANKING you, not complaining!

There's always October...

BarnGoddess said...

have a great vacation!

I do not think you'll be disappointed w/ the Hard Rock. It is NICE to change things up a bit.

packing-ewww I am a last minute packer.....drives my loved ones crazy

Carole Burant said...

I wish I was packing to go to Disney...bring me pleaseeeee?? hehe I've never been there and I really would love to meet my hero...Pooh:-) I don't think it will matter to them where you're staying once you get there...they'll still be going to Disney and seeing their favourite characters:-) xoxo