Friday, April 20, 2007

Fantastic Friday!

It is just gorgeous out! Sort of makes up for all the dreary weather we have had over the last few weeks. Sort of. There has been over 20 million dollars worth of storm damage in the state of Maine from this last nor'easter! We came out of it very well here in my town, not too much flooding or damage but other places are a mess. The Gov. has declared it a disaster area so hopefully the folks that lost so much will get some help.

Went to the gym this morning and had a good workout. I drag my feet going but am always so glad when I do go and feel energized from it. Had to go to the feed store after as usual and then did a few more errands and then a small lunch at Micky D's on the way home.

Noodles is just dying to get outside in the nice weather and managed to slip by me when I was taking some wash out to hang on the line. Of course he headed right for the woods and I was so afraid that would be the last I would ever see of him. Thankfully I caught him by getting a stick and wiggling it so he would think it was some little mouse to catch. He wasn't too happy when I brought him back in but I had bought new toys for him at the feed store so that kept him busy. Munchie wants to go out too but isn't as sneaky as he is.

Went up to the stable to give Big Bud at good grooming and wash. I will N.E.V.E.R. get another white horse! We call him Pig Pen at the barn as he is such a stall slob but he is such a good boy I overlook it most of the time. Today he got a good going over from top to bottom and I mean 'bottom'! As you horse type people know geldings need a good wash on occasion.......nuff said!

It is just so beautiful out, I am so thankful for the sunshine and warm temps. What a treat! Tomorrow we're going to do some trail riding after we groom and it's supposed to be up to 70*. YIPPEE!

Guess I'd better go get my sheets in off the line and put them on the bed. I just LOVE the smell of line dried sheets!

Someone asked me if the foal in the Wordless Wednesday post was mine and unfortunately she's not. She belongs to one of the other boarders at the stable but we sure have fun enjoying her!

Have a WONDERFUL weekend everyone!

3 comments:

palmtreefanatic said...

74 it is supposed to be here toooo woooooohoooooo
SPRING has finally sprung!!!

KC said...

sounds like you had such a good day. Tomorrow sounds like it will be a blast. Have a wonderful weekend.

Joan said...

You certainly deserve the wonderful weather after all those wintery days! Hopefully this is the beginning of a sunny and warm spring for you.
Have a great weekend.