Saturday, January 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Son!

It's January 20th and 31 years ago today I was feeling like 12 months pregnant with my first (and only) child. It was the days before the 3D imaging and all so I didn't know if it was going to be a boy or girl but I didn't care as long as I got that baby in my arms SOON! I had gone over about two weeks and looked like I was going to have quads so when the contractions started I was like YIPPEE HERE WE GO! About 17 hours later and still no baby it was getting scary. They decided to do a cesarean section as that baby just wasn't coming out so off to the OR we went. Again it was before they let you stay awake for this so I was in la la land while they got the baby out. And what a baby he was.......ten and a half pounds! When I finally woke up and saw him I thought he looked about a month old already! He didn't look like the other wimpy babies in the nursery, he looked like the older teenage brother! Thankfully he was healthy and had all his fingers and toes albeit big ones! I'll never forget that day, it was one of the happiest days of my life. My son has been a source of joy to me all of the 31 years, even the teenage years were relatively mild and he has grown into a wonderful man, husband and father. Happy Birthday!

No comments: