Friday, January 19, 2007

Finally some snow!

When you live in Maine one would think that there would be some snow. Last year when my kids got two snowmobiles there was some snow and I saw them zipping by with big smiles on their faces. I mentioned to my husband that it would be fun for us to join them and we should get a snowmobile too. He said that there wasn't enough snow and the thing would just set in the barn with the horses looking at it wondering what it was and we wouldn't get any use out of it. Well not one to nag, but I strongly encouraged him to buy one because we would be having all of this fun with the kids and grandkids. It took some nagging, I mean encouraging, but we finally went out and bought this huge machine and a trailer to haul it in. I should have seen the writing on the wall as it was February, 50* and raining........ We did not get one more flake of snow all winter and I only drove my new machine from the trailer to the barn on the gravel......... Now another year later we finally get some snow so I go out to start the thing up and the battery is dead.......I take it in and they tell me I need a new battery........mind you this thing has hardly been out of the box but $70.00 later I am the owner of a new battery. Let's hope the thing starts tomorrow!!!

No comments: