Monday, January 29, 2007

Comfort Zone


I have decided to get out of my comfort zone a bit. That's not easy for me as I'm sure it's not easy for a lot of people. I have been asked to teach a quilting class at my church and I accepted. Then I panicked.......I just don't think I want to do this......but yet I really do so I am going to suck it up and go for it. I have 7 students signed up so far, all folks that I know at church, even one man!


I am not your artsy-fartsy quilter. I like the good old fashioned designs, the ones that have been around for years and years. I am your basic bread and butter quilter using the tried and true techniques although I do like to add my own touch to them and put in a flash of color somewhere unexpected or use some pretty bold prints.


Anyhow back to the comfort zone thing. I think we grow when we venture out, even if it's a small thing like teaching a quilting class, so think of me on February 15th as it's too late to back out now since it's already been in the church bulletin and once it's in the bulletin it's a done deal!

No comments: