Saturday, January 20, 2007

Finally. I finally got to ride my new snowmobile today, you know , the one that I strongly encouraged (nagged) my husband to buy. There was not an abundance of snow but enough to get by on with only a few rocks protruding that I had to avoid without hitting a tree. We (my son and daughter in law) went about 8 miles through the woods and it was well worth waiting for. The trees were covered with fresh soft snow that shimmered in the sunlight. The grandkids chose to stay at the house with Grampie and have popcorn and juice boxes for lunch and get out every toy that ever was purchased for them. Thankfully they did decide to have some mac and cheese when we got back from our ride. It was cold out but I had on many layers of clothing so was toasty warm. Actually I had on too much as the hand warmers, thumb warmers and seat warmers keep you well heated! You could fry an egg on that seat! I had to turn it off half way home. This is what we are supposed to be doing in Maine in January, not golfing in 65* temps like a few weeks ago. Hey, I remember 1962 when it snowed for three days and the roads weren't cleared for several more. Now that was a hardy winter, not the wimpy kind that we have been having lately.

No comments: