Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Back Home Again!

Jet lag even without time changes.



It's always good to get back home after a trip. My sister and I had a wonderful time visiting with our parents for a week in Florida and the weather was glorious. Sandals for the feet and T shirts and capris were the dress for the week. It seemed funny putting on a pair of jeans this morning to fly home in. Our snow has dropped considerably since we have been gone and the temps are in the 40's which is not bad at all seeing as it was 12* when we left.

We went one day to the mini horse show and it was so much fun! Those little guys are just so adorable and could almost fit in your lap if you wanted. I took tons of pictures but will only put a few of my favorites in here today. This little guy was in a halter class and just looked fabulous! I could have put him right in my pocket and brought him home!



This is the one I wanted. We went to a mini farm to see the babies and what was for sale. Bad Move!

Yes, that is me with a blouse, sweater and plaid jacket on (real fashion statement). That was the only cold day we had and we had to stop at the tack shop and get jackets to wear over our short sleeved sweaters. I'm not really that big......ahem......it's all the clothes............

This little girl is named Lacey and she is a yearling. She has the sweetest disposition and will only get about an inch taller. IF I were to buy one she would be the one. BUT with five equine mouths to feed I don't need another one. When she sheds out she will be a real dapple gray with the white mane and tail. I was soooooooooo tempted!

There were babies everywhere and they were so small you could pick them right up in your arms if you wanted to.



This little one looked like he hadn't combed his hair yet that morning!



Look at the gorgeous mane on this little guy!


Ocala is the place to live if you are into horses. Horses of all kinds from 18 hand warmbloods to these little minis. Our friends took us around and showed us all the farms, or I guess they call them ranches there. Everywhere you looked there were huge pastures with horses grazing and big horse trailers parked beside the barns. There was every riding discipline from eventing to dressage to western. It was a fun filled day and I wish we had had time to go the other two days but we wanted to spend the time with our parents and do things with them. We took a few pictures of them out on the front lawn. They are celebrating their 64th wedding anniversary today, the 18th! Still in love after all these years!

This is a bit of the local wildlife.

Now I know I'm a bit of a redneck but I've always wanted to go to Tractor Supply. We don't have that here in our part of the woods and I was sure I would walk in and see George Strait standing there greeting everyone like the Wally World greeters. He wasn't there! Now isn't he the spokesman for Tractor Supply?!!! I feel cheated! Seriously though they did have great Wrangler jeans and overalls plus boots, shirts, jackets and the regular grain store stuff. I got myself, T and D new overalls and Hubby a new shirt. I think I will write a letter to the corporate headquarters though and complain 'cause George wasn't there. They didn't even have his songs playing in the background........



We did a lot of shopping while in Florida. Our favorite place for sportswear is Beall's. I think we went there five times. I had to ship home a box full of stuff as I only took one suitcase. We also ate out a lot..........a lot........ We hit Golden Corral about four times, Ruby Tuesday, Pizza Hut, Cracker Barrel, Hardees and a few more spots.


We had a hotel debacle on the way home. Will write about that next time!!

21 comments:

Donna. W said...

Our nearest Tractor Supply is near Kansas City, probably 30 miles away. We stop there every time we pass. Orscheln's, though, gets most of our business, since they are closer, and are in small towns that we visit more often than we do Kansas City.

Because I visited my sister in Texas not long ago, I know what a pleasure it is to leave winter behind for awhile and bask in the southern sunshine.

KC said...

So glad your home safe and that you had a great time.. those mini hourses are so pretty.. and Happy anniversary to your parents.. I love the pictures you took of them
I'm LOL about the TSC. We have one less then 5 minutes away from my home.. Never been in it though.
Love your fashion statement also.
relax and enjoy being home.

BarnGoddess said...

oh my! those minis are adorable!

I want one...

glad you made it home safe and sound.

64 years...wow! I showed their photo to hubs and he said WOW rigth slong w/ me

Carole Burant said...

Yippeeeeeee you're home:-) Missed you!! Sounds like you had a fun time and how lucky to be able to wear capris and sandals...I'm sooo tired of wearing boots and heavy coats! Ugh!

Omigosh, those mini horses are just adorable and even though I don't know one thing about horses, I would have been tempted to bring one home! lol The babies are beyond adorable as well!!

Happy Anniversary to your mom and dad...they look so happy and make such a beautiful couple!! I'm so glad you were able to go celebrate with them:-)

Gasp! No George Strait to greet you at the Tractor Supply store??? I would definitely complain! hehe Isn't that what being on holidays is all about...eating out! lol

I'm so happy that you're home safe and sound. As I'm typing this we're having a snowstorm that's supposed to turn to freezing rain and then rain by tomorrow. Where is Spring??? Love ya! xoxox

Needled Mom said...

Glad to see you back and into showing us some shots of the trip. Those babies are simply precious. How did you manage to restrain yourself?????

Your folks look fabulous! They still look so much in love and remain such a wonderful example of living a life dedicated to one another. Happy anniversary to both of them.

I did not realize that George Strait was the spokesman for TSC. I'll have to check and see if they have his music playing at our shop. :)

Welcome home. I'm sure that hubby and the grands were thrilled to have you home. Any lovenotes in your suitcase this trip?????

Rising Rainbow said...

I've never heard of Tractor Supply before this week on someone's blog. Now here it is again, at this rate I might begin to think I've missed out on something. lol

Mini's have come a long way since the breed was first developed. I can remember seeing them and they looked more like dwarfs with deformed heads than real little horses but that seems to be getting better all the time. They sure can have some wild hair though. lol

A friend of a friend has a ranch in Ocalla. They have thoroughbreds. We were just talking about how much that area is devoted to horses.

Susie said...

So glad you're safely home. Those little horses are too too cute.
Happy Anniversary to your parents. They look so happy together.
xoxo

Dawn said...

Welcome home! Sounds like you had a wonderful time - and congratulations to your lovely parents - they look wonderful.

I took your gum chain picture and did a post - I had been planning one for awhile, and this spurred me on - check it out when you get caught up!

palmtreefanatic said...

WOW! Thats a strong post! Lots happening! I loved seeing all the mini horses! HOW ADORABLE!!! You got some fantastic shots too!!! How fun!

Congrats on your parents anniversary! You look just like your parents! Great pics!

I know of Ocala! We have some dear 'oler" friends that live in Summerfield which is minutes away from there!!! And Bealls, oh yes! GREAT Store! Our older friends they are like a (mom and dad) to me only much older 70-80yrs, anyway they always get my kids clothese from there for christmas! love it!!!
We have a TSC here, I don't think it is all that spectacular, sorry for your dissapointment, lol! infact I think alot of things are high! my DH loves that store!

Can't wait to hear about your hotel!...hmmmm

Up To My Ears In Mini Horses said...

Thanks for visiting me at Toad Hill Minis.
I really enjoyed reading about your trip to Flordia. Did not know they had so many minis there. I'll take the palomino and the little buskskin foal anytime.
Remember if you decide to go to minis, one large horse eats more than five minis.
I laughed when you mentioned TSC, we live about a mile from one and frequent it a lot.
Love your blog header and look. Napwarden does a great job. My header that she designed was an ad in the American Livestock magazine. Check it out, it has the entire magazine on line for free!!!

kdwhorses said...

TSC rocks we have several around our area. They have great sales and awesome horse stuff for the kids at Christmas. The minis are too dang cute! Just good pick them up and carry one him. Congrats to your parents-that is so cool! 64 years and still going strong. What a great role model for the rest of us! Glad you are back and enjoyed your trip. Look forward to more pics! Have a great and blessed Easter as well!

Callie said...

I love Tractor Supply Company! OMG! I just want to scoop up one of those little mini babies and take it home!

Mikey said...

Wow, 64 yrs is something to celebrate! That's unheard of these days. Kudos to your parents!

Love the minis, oh they are darling. I love show minis, they are so flashy and they know it :)
The babies are darling too. I know how hard it is not to scoop and run with them :)

Cynthia said...

Welcome back...The Horse Show looks fabulous! No charge on removing the spam...it was no big deal. I'll shoot you an email and let you know how to do it yourself:)

Mississippi Songbird said...

What great pictures. I hope you have a happy Easter!

Carroll Farm said...

Hi, I ran into your blog through Mikey- we just brought home 4 minis today (for my 4 year wedding anniversary). Someday my hubby and I will post our 64th ann. phots. Congrats to your parents! We are drooling over those minis - too cute!

Tammy said...

Oh wow...what a fun-filled trip you had!
Those miniatures are so sweet! I don't know very much about horses like you do, but I know sweet! ;) I can see why you were so tempted to take one home!

I love the pictures of your parents...they are a beautiful couple. So wonderful to see people in love after 64 years!

Well, I'm just visiting a few friends before my first bloggy break officially begins!
Thank you for stopping by today!
A blessed Easter to you!

bj said...

awh, gosh...it sounds like you had a great trip. So many congrats to your mom and dad. Over 60 yrs with the same person is quite a feat anymore.
The little horses are so precious...
hugs, bj

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

MMMM....I love Golden Corral.

Marcy said...

Oh my goodness, those little horses are too cute! You went to some of my favoite places. I could eat my weight in the rolls and mashed potatoes at Golden Corral! I am glad that it warmed up in Maine while you were away!

Kerri said...

You certainly packed a lot in and it sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love those minis. Such pretty little things!
Happy Anniversary to your parents. Wow, 64 yrs is a wonderful accomplishment. Those 2 photos are so sweet. They're a handsome, happy couple :)
We have a Tractor Supply about 50 minutes away. Great store!