Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tuesday Talk

Back home again from our little trip to the Boston area. What a difference in the weather, although it was cold there is no snow and things are starting to come up. BIL was out raking the yard, we'd still have to chop through the ice to rake anything!


Had a wonderful time visiting the lovely stable where my niece rides and takes her lessons. We were able to watch one of her classes in the corner of the big inside arena and it was even heated! That was much appreciated as the wind was really blowing outside and it was more then brisk.

It was an interesting lesson with actually two group lessons going on at once. The younger girls on their ponies in one and the more advanced girls on the horses. At first I was a bit overwhelmed with the warm up with horses and ponies going in all directions at all speeds but once the lessons started it was very controlled and safe.

The older more advanced girls were working on their jumping at a canter and I held my breath every time L went over the jumps but she did fine, had no problem whatsoever! I wasn't at a very good angle to get good jump pictures but did the best I could from my corner.



L was riding a gelding that is about 15-2 or 3 so was a pretty good sized horse for her as she is very tiny. She handled him well and he responded well to her directions. She has been asked to be on the equestrian team for their stable and she is considering it.
Now if there is anyone on the face of the earth that hasn't seen these photos I must put them in here for you to enjoy. The fawn's mom came after him when the horses wandered off so all was well but I think these are incredible photos. These horses could have so easily stepped on this little guy but they were careful knowing I'm sure that he was just a baby.


Was out in the sun room this morning watching two new visitors sampling the grain that I put out. Actually we have this pair come back every spring to nest down by the stream. Just as they were chowing down a big hawk came zooming out of the sky with his mate in close pursuit and I was ready to jump out the window if he had gotten his claws into one of the mallards! We call them George and Barbara. I think they are Republicans.


Well K just got off the bus so I guess we'd better go play a game of Sorry. The kids always beat me at it! It's a good thing I don't cry easily! heehee!

22 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Glad that you are back home again. Sounds like you had a good trip and I missed reading your posts!!!!

I love the picture of the little fawn. Isn't that just precious? It looks so TINY compared to the horses.

The jumps always make me so nervous. I love watching M do hers but I find myself holding my breath with each one. Did you jump when you were younger? I always think of Gone With the W*ind.

George and Barbara???? Very clever. Do they ever bring their young out?

BarnGoddess said...

Boston is a town I want to visit one day! did you eat any good food there?

jumps. its been years since Ive sailed over real jumps, nearly 20 years! now I attempt the occasional downed tree on the trails. Wonderful photos! I hope she joins the team :)

Suzy said...

Glad you had a nice trip and I love the horse and fawn photos! It probably doesn't know that those huge creatures are not deer!

Cynthia said...

OMG...the horse and fawn photos are soooo cute!

I sent you an email, I never know if you get them...I need your log in info to reset your background. I'll get your award tom.:)

Marcy said...

I love all the pictures! The fawn and horses are so precious! I always think of Go*ne With The W*ind too when I think of jumping horses! Those ducks are beautiful!

Kaila said...

Those pictures are SO sweet!

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear friend:-)

Gosh,I've so missed visiting you! I've just finished reading all your latest posts...I smiled when I read how your mom used to make ringlets in your hair by using her finger...my mom did the exact same thing to me! hehe

Sounds like you had a great trip to Boston...glad to hear L did so well. She sure looks like a true natural sitting on that horse! The jumps would have had me holding my breath too!!!!

I'd never seen those picture of the baby fawn with the horses...now how precious is that?! It's awesome how big animals can be so gentle with much smaller ones.

As for what I'll want my grandchild to call me...I haven't thought of that yet! lol My boys have always called my mom "nanny" but I want something different for me! Will have to think about that! lol I can't tell you enough how thrilled I am:-) Love ya bunches!! xox

Callie said...

I love those pics of the horses and the fawn, can't get enough of them!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. The baby deer is so cute trying to "fit in".

Marcy said...

Midlife Mom, Thanks for the comment on my blog! If you want to put a video from Yo*uT*ube on your blog, what you have to do is go to Yo*uT*ube and find a video you like. Then, over to the right of it, there will be a little thing that says "embed" and there will be a box with a bunch of html gibberish. Highlight that whole thing, right click, and copy. Then, go to your blog, start a new post, then right click and paste the big row of html gibberish. That should work out for you. IT's fun, but addictive.

I do not have a Cricit machine...what is that? I have two different cutters (one small for pictures and one big one with a ruler that extends out if I need it to for big stuff and I have a sticker maker that's really fun for punches. Besides that, I just use punches, colorful paper, and those embellishments that are so cute. I have so much stuff to scrapbook. We are having a "couples' weekend away" with some friends from church this weekend and the girls are going to scrapbook and the guys are going to play W*ii and talk about sports or maybe watch sports. It's always fun! I can't wait!

Mississippi Songbird said...

I hope you didn't get beat at Sorry too bad.. I need to get that game for my kids.. We have the connect four game and they love that here.. We need a change though..lol..
Have a great evening....

Rising Rainbow said...

jumping, that's something I would love to do if I were younger. But since I no longer bounce well and have trouble with my depth perception, it's probably not a good combination.

It looks like she has great balance. That's pretty cool.

Linds said...

I love your photos.... did you see that I actually TOUCHED A HORSE on my walk on Sunday?? I took that photo because I just knew you would be suitably impressed!! Well actually, I took about 24.

bj said...

ah, ha...so glad you are home safely. Glad, too, that it was a good trip.
What fabulous photos you share with us. Many thanks!
Take a pic of some of those roosters and send 'em to me...gotta get them in the ROOSTER PARADE!! ;)
hugs, bj

kdwhorses said...

Enjoyed the pics! glad you all had a good time. I love the pics fo the horse and fawn, I have seen them before. Great names for the ducks!

Needled Mom said...

Spring has sprung on your blog???? Love the flowers.

Dawn said...

Sounds like a good get-back-to-normal kind of week. Love George and Barbara! (both sets).

Susie said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. These last two weeks we've been coming and going a lot. C goes back to teaching next week, so life may be a bit more normal. (what is "normal"???)
Loved seeing all you photos and esp the one of the fawn.
Hope you're starting to see a bit more spring?
love you!!
xo

KC said...

Glad your home safe, and enjoyed your trip. Love all the pictures.. you always get the best shots.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Love the pics! Glad you are back home and had a good trip.

You asked what a jello shot was....I learned just a few weeks ago and it is jello mixed with part water and part vodka. It looks just like jello but with a kick! One girl wrote the she mixes it with tequila so I am still learning about it. I think you and I both need to get off the farm more!!!!!!

Stacey said...

Thanks so much for your encouragement for our cat Boo....and if anything good came of this (Boo did not make it) just knowing there are more people out there aware of lily plants, then that's good.

I enjoyed your blog, what a beautiful blog it is! I'll be back.

Mary said...

Nice to go away, but always nice to be home. I was so happy to be home after our visit to Florida in January.

Enjoyed all the photos. Love the jumper and the horses in the pasture with the fawn. I'm sure to relate to it as a baby.

Thanks so much for dropping by and commenting on my autism post. It's human nature that we judge, but educating people in autism awareness will mean that some judge less harshly.

Enjoyed visiting with you. Have a great weekend.
Mary