Monday, May 7, 2007

The Saga Continues

Well it's Monday and we spent another day at Universal and now are getting ready to go to the Dixie Stampede Show. It's put on by the Dolly Parton Association so should be fun and anything with horses in we will like. it's a dinner show and the food is supposed to be down home cooking and yummy. Probably fried everything.......

Well I can now hear again. The doctor made a house call and came to see me at our room and came in with her Vera Bradley doctor bag so I knew I was in good hands. After a ton of personal questions including my weight ): she looked in my ears and low and behold they both had half an ear plug in them so far in you couldn't see them without the little light thingy that all doctors have. When I had taken them out in the morning they broke in half leaving half deeply embedded in my inner ear. They were very old and obviously brittle.

She took some long tweezers and rammed them in my ears and hauled the offending plugs out and I could instantly hear again. YIPPEE! I guess.......now I can hear the bass thumping from the music that is screeching out by the pool that will thump until the pool closes at 11 pm. Sigh...I'm too old for this hotel.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are having a great vacation!!! Thank God for house calls...that would drive me crazy to not be able to "pop" my ears.

Susie said...

I've been catching up on your vacation posts! Sounds like quite the adventure and lots of reasons to avoid this hotel in the future.
:)

Donna. W said...

I LOVE Dixie Stampede at Branson. In fact we were there a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure it's the same there as it is in Branson. And the food is to DIE for.

Musings of a Housewife said...

I tagged you. For when you get back home, of course!

BarnGoddess said...

Im glad you can hear again! yikes about those old ear plugs, how nasty.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation :)