Saturday, October 25, 2008

Vacation Pictures

Where do I begin? Just downloaded all of the pictures that Hubby and I took from our vacation and there are well over 300 of them! Yikes! There are some that can be deleted that are fuzzy or too dark and some that just show way too many rolls around my middle that will take a trip to Deletesville! Oh, how I love that delete button at times! :o)

I think I will work backwards. Last night we ate at a new restaurant at Downtown Disney called T-rex. If any of you have been to the Rain Forest Cafe it's kind of on that idea only this one has dinosaurs everywhere and things from the sea. It is a very colorful place and also very noisy. The food was good though, especially the appetizers that the kids ordered.

Flat bread with caramelized onions,cheese, chicken and other goodies.

Nachos, so much for our healthy eating on vacation..........


All these other things were all around us, moving and making noises.

It was extremely colorful to look at all of the things surrounding us. A fun place to eat but not somewhere you would go for quiet conversation!



That day, in the morning we went to the Magic Kingdom. We hadn't planned to go there this trip and just stay at Universal but it was the last full day and we decided to go over and see all the Halloween/fall decorations and the kids could go on some rides. I went on Thunder Mountain, the rollercoaster TWICE with them!

Grampie and me with the Grands heading towards the monorail. As you can see it was a bit rainy the last day we were in Florida. Didn't stop us one bit or anyone else for that matter.
It was beautiful there, these pictures don't begin to do it justice. Here's a shot of my kids while we waited to get into the T-rex.

The evening before we went to the Arabian Nights dinner show. It wasn't the high class act that the Dixie Stampede was but the kids enjoyed it and we got to see lots of nice horses. Being an appaloosa lover at heart this rump caught my eye the first thing. Gorgeous markings! It turned out that this guy was the hit of the show as far as we were concerned as they had a 'western' segment and this guy did the best slide stops, rollbacks and spins of any reining horse around!
Most of the horses were beautiful Arabians but they did have a few other breeds. This one was very different. They told me the name but I can't remember what it is. He is technically a pony but looks like a mini draft horse. Very clever, even used for dressage but mostly pony club and for pulling fancy carts. His mane was gorgeous and he had feet the size of pie plates yet he was only about 14'2 hands high.

This horse had been painted with some kind of florescent paint and it really glowed. He was part of the tribute to the Native Americans horses. He just floated around that huge inside arena.


The kids got a chance to sit on this big guy.

This was last night. They were all tired and watching Sponge Bob Square Pants!


I guess that's enough for tonight. If you have stuck with me this far your eyes will need a rest now. More next time! (that's a warning!)

22 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Wow....I love the halloween decorations! Too neat!

That restaurant looks like it would be a great place to take the little ones. I'll bet yours loved it.

Interesting paint job on that horse. I imagine that the flouescent paint must have been quite impressive in the show with the lights. Were the kids in the show when they were sitting on the horse? It looks as though they might have been.

Glad you're back and looking forward to more pictures.

Nonnas News said...

What a fun night! Im so glad you had a great time on vacation. Cant wait to see more pics!

Dawn said...

Wonderful pictures - looks like a great time was had by all!

Linds said...

Great photos - that food looks delicious! (I am on a diet, so food captures my attention now more than ever!) What fun you have all had - the kids certainly seem to have enjoyed themselves .... not to mention Granny and Grandpa too!

Donna. W said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. I think I'll pass on the place with dinosaurs. We ate at Rain Forest Cafe one time. Never again, but I'm sure kids would like it... if they weren't scared to death!

Susie said...

The Halloween decor is fabulous. I just know T-Rex would be a hit with our two grandsons (well at least the younger one!) We love Rainforest Cafe, but as you say, no quiet conversation possible there.
Looks like much the same sort of food,atmosphere, etc.
All your pictures are great. It's easy to tell you had a great time and love being together.
love you,
xoxo

Rising Rainbow said...

It looks like you had another great vacation.

Tassi said...

How fun! It is such magical place for kids any time of the year.

Glad you had a great time.

Carole Burant said...

Well, well, look who decided to come home! hehe I so enjoyed looking at these pictures and can't wait to see many more!! How I would love to go to Disneyland...a place where I could be the kid I am at heart:-)

My oldest Shawn was really into dinosaurs when he was a young child so he would have loved that restaurant for sure!! I've been to Rainforest Cafe so I know what you mean about not being a place to have conversation! lol

Beautiful horses as well, I can imagine how thrilled the kids were to be able to have a ride on one.

I love the way they decorate the park for Halloween. Have you ever been there at Christmas time? That must be awesome!!

Bring on the next batch of pictures! hehe Love you xoxoxoxo

palmtreefanatic said...

oh wow! wow! wow!!!!!
Loved everyone of your photos! The food looks amazing! worry about the diet later much later that looks so darn good!;)

What a fantastic time, makes me wanna go! NOW! Glad you had a fantastic time! Can't wait to see more!

Train Wreck said...

You're Back!! Yeaaa! Look how much fun you had!! I love all your pictures!! I love that appy!What pretty horses! I love vacatin pictures! Of course I wish they were mine!he he! But i am glad you had fun and mad it home safe and sound!

Renie Burghardt said...

What great photos. I love the horses. Well, I enjoyed all the pictures. Glad your vacation was so much fun. Looking forward to more pictures.

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,

Renie

Callie said...

I believe the painted dude with all of the mane and feathers would be a Gypsy Vanner, one of my favs! Looks like a lot of fun! Oh, how I could go for some warm weather right now!

Pony Girl said...

Sounds like a great trip!! Of course, I especially like that Appy rump! Would've been fun to see his reining moves! The markings do remind me a lot of My Boy. I'm actually surprised (pleasantly) that it was an Appy, not a QH doing the show! ;) Then again, judging from the painted and colored horses, they liked a lot of color!

KC said...

sounds like you had such an amazing trip.. and such fun pictures.. Glad you all enjoyed yourselves.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

I too love the Disney Halloween Decorations! How awesome! You've had a great times it seems. Thank you for sharing all of your photos and memories.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

The Magic Kingdom looks so beautiful decorated for fall!

The food at the restaurant looked sooooo good!

hippo chick said...

I just love the Halloween decorations in the Magic Kingdom. Also love the little draft horse.

I rode Thunder Mountain all by myself on my 60th birthday. Jim said he rode his last roller coaster when the kids were grown.

Keep the pictures coming.

~hippo hugs~
Pam

Callie said...

Funny enough, the womanI just featured used to train for the Arabian Nights show down there. The Gypsy Vanner comes drafty sized and cob. There's a whole bunch of places that breed. Hit the Internet to check it out, but they run expensive! Like 5 digits. A lot of the stallions are imports from Ireland. And funny enough, I believe they are an accidental breed, from actual Irish gypsies over in the UK to pull their caravans. We just went nuts with them over here and now they are high priced. Sometimes you can find a cheaper youngin' but watch it, cuz some people breed a draft with a paint and try and call it a Gypsy.

Natalia said...

Sounds like you had a great time! :)

Nancy said...

You got some great pictures!!! I am thoroughly enjoying reading it all! Have to take a break now and feed the cats and do the insulin shots now...but then I will return to finish catching up!

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.