Friday, October 10, 2008

Random Friday

Happy Birthday to Miss Susie over at Susie's Space! Susie is one of the nicest people that you will ever meet in Bloggsville and I am proud to call her my friend! Hop on over and wish her a happy birthday on her special day! ( I can't seem to get her link to work but you can go to susie-sspace.blogspot.com) Anyone know why it isn't linking for me? DUH!

We are gearing up for Paws On Parade tomorrow. The weather report is fantastic thankfully, much better then our original date two weeks ago which was pouring rain! Yesterday we stuffed all the tote bags that the participants will get when they register and nailed down some last minute issues such as getting a big coffee pot. We didn't even think of it until then and did some scrambling to find a huge one that is being donated to us for the day by a local rental company. It's amazing how the community has pitched in for the cause and we have well exceeded our proposed goal of $25,000 with donations and registrations! This will help many pets to find forever homes! :o) I will have some pictures to put in my next post.

Came across this picture of Nick the other day. I don't talk about Nick a whole lot as he doesn't do a whole lot other then to lounge around the pasture and look pretty. He is half Thoroughbred and half Welsh pony and is about 14-3 hands tall. He's really not big enough for me to ride and he is a bit too much for the kids to ride so he only gets ridden when my niece is in town visiting. He's a good boy and can jump with the best of them so will be good when T is ready to move up from chubby little Kipper.

Mom continues to recuperate at the rehab center. The blood clots are dissolving hopefully so that she can start her physical therapy. My sister and I have to wear a mask when we are there as we both came down with colds and we don't want to share it with anyone else. We continue to be with her on schedule to keep her company and to see that things are done when they should be. My frustration grows daily at the length of time that it takes the staff to come to her room when needed. Last night it was 40 minutes which I think is inexcusable. I finally went to the nurses station and asked for someone to come down. They tell me that they aren't understaffed but I don't believe it for a moment. It all comes down to the $$$$$. Don't get me wrong, the nurses and aides have been wonderful when they get there, they work very hard and try to take care of things but their workload is just too heavy. Please keep Mom in your prayers, she is very homesick.

I've been doing a little more fall decorating. These are some of the outside things.


I found this little Halloween candy dish at JoAnn Fabrics



This is over the kitchen sink.



This little Beanie Bear I have had since buying Beanies was all the rage. The candlestick is battery operated and it flickers like a real candle.


Pea, look real close and I think you will recognize the little bear sitting on the pumpkin! :o)


This is a blurry picture of my grand cat that comes in to visit occasionally and have a bite to eat. She comes in through the kitty door and makes herself at home. She was here this morning.




We have another birthday gal on Monday. Miss Pea at
Pea's Corner is going to be having her birthday and is having a big birthday party including door prizes! Pea is another one of my dearest friends here in Bloggidyville and is one of the sweetest people you can meet! Make sure you go over and wish her a happy birthday and join in on the fun at the party, details on her site tomorrow! Happy birthday Miss Pea!!! xoxox

13 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Can you come over and decorate MY house!? Yours looks lovely.

Susie said...

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! We're on the go much of today (as usual) but I decided to treat myself to a few minutes of catching up with my favorite blogging buddies :)
So sorry to hear you have a cold and that your Mom is so homesick. The hospital just is never ever a fun place to be. My prayers continue..
Love all your festive fall decor. I've got a bit up, but need to start adding in my Halloween things.
(I need about 10 more hours per day LOL!)
Hope your PAWS event is a great success as it's a wonderful cause.
We're having just gorgeous weather here too. It's homecoming weekend for the high school football game. Always great fun..
Have a fantastic weekend..
love you,
xoxo

hippo chick said...

I'm glad to hear your mom is coming along. I hope she makes some real progress soon.

Love the pics of your decorating. You sure have a gift.

Have a great weekend.

~hippo hugs~
Pam

Donna. W said...

That's how the situation was at the nursing home during my mom's last few months: The nurses and staff were wonderful, but when those old folks get too old to wait on themselves, there just aren't enough people to get to them on time.

Donna. W said...

I did the slide show on Picasa, since that's where all our Blogspot photos are anyhow. I have a Flickr account, but I haven't found any way to make a slide show there. So I'll probably go with Picasa from now on.

palmtreefanatic said...

Happy to hear about your moms progress!

Your decorations are simply AMAZING!!!! love them all!

Alice Grace said...

What can I say about this post! Nick, beautiful! Precious! Halloween decorations, wonderful!
Thanks for the heads-up on Pea's birthday. I will go right over. Susie is wonderful, isn't she!
Your Mom......I am still praying that she will be well enough to go home soon. It is so hard for her, I know.

Needled Mom said...

I have visions of you at your wonderful rescheduled event today and I can almost see how much fun you are having. :-)

So sorry to hear about your colds. I know that all the stress has not helped any. I do hope that your mom can get rehab-ed quickly and return home to her own place. Soooo glad, too, that those clots have gotten resolved. Those can be scary.

Your decorations all look so cute and festive. I hope the deer won't be taking a bite out of that pumpkin on the porch!!!

Have a good weekend. You remain in my prayers, dear friend. xox

Callie said...

Very Halloweenish!

Nancy said...

I am so far behind again...I didn't know your mom had bloodclots. What a time she's having then! I do hope things begin to turn around for her and soon! Must be discouraging for her. I know she wants to come home so bad...who wouldn't after all she's been through.


Your halloween decorations look great!!!! Bet the little ones love it!!! I would probably do some decorating if I had some grands to enjoy it, but the cats don't care one way or the other. LOL

I do hope your PAWS event went well yesterday! Anxious to see pics and to hear all about it!

Have a great Sunday!

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Nancy said...

I forgot....is that your stray kitty who comes in the cat door? WOW!!! If so, then she's coming around, isn't she? Did you see the cute little kitten on Pea's blog? I would love to have it!!!

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Carole Burant said...

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes, dear friend!! It was soooo wonderful being able to talk to you on the phone today:-) You really helped make my birthday special!

I just love all your Halloween/Fall decorations and yes, I do recognize that little witchy bear! hehe

Prayers continue for your mom. Love you! xoxox

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

You are the most premiere decorator I have ever seen! Fabulous!! Those photos belong in a magazine!

It's good to hear Mom is doing so well. I will be keeping her in my thoughts.