Thursday, October 23, 2008

Vacation part 2

We are still here at the beautiful Portafino Bay Resort. The rest of my crowd is still tramping their legs off over at the park but I decided to come back here for some quiet time. There is so much to see and do that you just can't do it all in one day. Of course I just happened to go by the Fossil's handbag store on my way back and Fresh Produce one of my favorite resort wear shops.............



Yesterday we went to Sea World's new water park called Aquatica and it is amazing. From the visual effects to the landscaping flowers it is just beautiful. For children it is the most kid friendly park that we have ever been to with everything available for them to do, I can't wait to show you the pictures.


he first thing we did was go in the lazy river which isn't so lazy as there is a strong current that carries you along quite speedily. Everyone wears a flotation jacket even the adults so you can just put your feet up and float along in the warm water. One piece of advice that I would give anyone doing a water park is to take off your earrings before going in. DIL lost one of her hoops and her sister lost one of her diamond studs! The life jacket kind of comes up and hits your ears as you float along and pushes the earrings right out. The management put some divers in to look for the diamond stud earring but to no avail. It's gone to the great filtration system in the sky!

Thank goodness she has it insured.



Hubby and I stayed about half the day then came back to the hotel with D who was a bit tired from the sun. He didn't nap but played quietly and it was restful. We took T and D back over to the park for an early dinner at Bubba's Gumps Shrimp Restaurant and then came back here and they fed the ducks that hang out in the little lake here. Son and DIL met up with her sister and BIL and went out to dinner as their kiddoes were back at their hotel with the grandparents too. I just love this special time of being with my grandchildren with so much one on one time. I love how they get ready for bed and come in and get in bed with me and we talk or read or watch tv until they nod off. Just very precious times and it's not just the parks or water parks but time spent in the suite or just feeding the ducks that mean so much.



One evening we went to an outlet mall that we go to every year and it is TO DIE FOR. As you know from reading this I do like Chico's and there was an outlet store there. I added to the assortment of things that I got at the other one and this time at a much better price! Yea! DIL has a shop where she likes the jeans and got some there as well. We also like to go to Shepler's while we are in Florida as we don't have one in Maine. You will see pics of us riding the fake bull when I get home. Also got Christmas gifts for the kids that I can't get in Maine.

Tonight we are going to the Arabian Nights dinner show. We usually go to the Dixie Stampede while here but that one closed so we are going to try this one. The parks close at 5 this time of year so it leaves the evenings free for other things.

I have been talking with Mom several times each day and my sisters have been staying at my house and spending the days with her. She sounds so much stronger and is doing more for herself all the time. She is having therapy 3-4 times per day and doing very well. I don't think she will be home by the time we go home on Saturday but would guess that it would be shortly thereafter. It has been hard being away but I know she has been in good hands with all of the family pitching in to help out.

Guess that's it for today. I think I might sneak in a little nap before the rest of the crowd gets back. :o) I'm sooooooo glad that you all are still checking in with me!!!!!!! xoxox

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun and great family time.
I hope to see the pictures that you have taken.
Have a safe return.
God bless you all.

Nonnas News said...

Glad you are having such a wonderful time with your family. Mike and I just got back from a nice vacation, but it was just the two of us. I told my kids I was going to save up for us to all take a family vacation. Keep having fun, and cant wait to see all your pictures!

Callie said...

Good for your Mom! Good news! I'm still jealous, though!

Needled Mom said...

Everything sounds so wonderful! I know that these memories are just as cherished by the kids.

I am so glad to hear that your mom is doing better too. That must make enjoying the vacation a lot easier.

We have a Chicos outlet here in our town and I love it too. They have some great deals.

Looking forward to having you back and seeing the photos. Keep having fun. xox

hippo chick said...

WoW!!! What a great vacation you are having. I like Chico's too.

I'm so glad to hear your mom is doing better. I hope she gets home soon.

~hippo hugs~
Pam

Mrs. Mom said...

What fun!! So glad that you can keep posting from the road too!! I love your fall look...

Speaking of fall looks, I think I forgot to stop back in and tell you how FANTASTIC your decorations look!!!! Your home is LOVELY, and some day, I hope to be able to have ours decorated too! (That will be when the boys MOVE OUT at age 20-someting, right? LOL)

Have a wonderful remainder of vacation, and we cant wait to see pics!!

Dawn said...

Sounds wonderful - can't wait to see the picgtures.

Tammy said...

Sounds like so much fun...We loved California's Sea World...and hubby went to Universal Studios while we were there...
Enjoy the rest of your trip! Can't wait to see pictures! :)

Nancy said...

I decided to go back and start reading about your vacation from the very beginning....so I am going to read and comment on the last post.....sounds like you were having a great time...kind of relaxing with the grands, too!

(((((( HUGS ))))))