Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tuesdays Tidbits


Got off to an early start this morning. Funstuff, my Main Barn Gal was here at 6 a.m. to do chores and I was out there soaking Buddy's feet and giving meds. Tomorrow we go back to see Dr. Sherborne and see what he has to say. I am giving way to a bit of anxiety about this but I guess that is normal when you are concerned about someone or something that you care about.


I took T to her riding lesson at 9 and she did a great job and didn't fall on her head this time thankfully!!!! I could feel myself a bit tense watching her lesson even though I've seen kids fall off ponies a gazillion times, myself included, THIS WAS MY GRANDDAUGHTER and that makes it worse. Her instructor didn't sense any lack of courage so that was good. Kids are so resilient.




She worked a lot on balance so that she wouldn't be so apt to take another digger.





After a successful lesson she gets to lead Divit out and put her in her stall after a good pat on the neck and a few hand fulls of clover.



We had to go to the feed store for more vet wrap so T is always happy to see the resident mascot there a HUGE bunny named Stuart. He was being lazy today and didn't come out of his cage but she got to pat him and rub his ears.


Then it was off to Micky D's for some lunch. We were near Grampie's office so called him to join us out at the picnic table while we ate. Then we went for a little walk around the property. Well, some of us walked and some of us rode!


Did a few more errands after that and then headed for home. T and D both had dentist appointments at 2 pm and with Vacation Bible School tonight they probably needed a little rest. VBS is all this week and the children have a fantastic time with the skits, games, crafts, Bible stories and song time. Thursday night is Water Slide Night that the leaders construct out on the sloped lawn at the church and that is the hit of the week. I want to go to that and get some pictures and maybe even come down the slide myself!

7 comments:

Carole Burant said...

She's such a cutie pie and really does look like she knows what she's doing on that horse!! Always a pleasure to catch up on your news...I do hope that Buddy will be ok, good luck at the vet tomorrow! From the pictures, it looks like the kids all had a great time on Father's Day:-) xox

Susie said...

Glad she was able to get right back on that horse with no problems.
She's a cutie for sure!!
xo

Kerri said...

Sorry it's been so long since I've visited! Your little lady is adorable in her riding outfit with the pink boots. I can imagine how unsettling it must've been to see her take a spill. She has courage, and that's good!
Gosh, VBS already! We haven't even finished school yet....this is the last week. I'm so ready for summer vacation! That water slide sounds like great fun :) And so does that Stuart. No wonder she loves to see him.
I hope Buddy will be OK.
Thanks so much for the visit and sweet comment.

KC said...

what fun, looks like she had a good lesson.
Good luck at the vet tomorrow.
Our VBS is the week of July 16th. but Princess is off at church summer camp this week which is always a blast.
With my kids home for the summer I don't have even 1/2 the computer time I did while they were in school.. Sorry I haven't been over here much, I haven't been visiting any blogs much at all since they have been out of school.. forgive me..
Take Care

Anonymous said...

T. looks so cute up there. You are right about the resilience. Lu has not missed a beat since being bucked off her pony and he is doing pretty good now.

Praying for your vet visit today!

Update us on Buddy as soon as you can! thanks!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Love the pictures of her doing the riding lessons...she looks like a natural.

BarnGoddess said...

riding lessons are fun!

I miss those days...

I hope Buddy's appt with the vet goes well.