My blogging friend Dawn over at Call Me Grandma Dawn (private blog) has given me a really nice Christmas Award! Thank you Dawn, it really made my day! A meme came along with it so I will do that now.
Here are the rules for the Christmas award.~~~~~You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award. The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas. You must link back to the person who gave you the award. You must list 5 things that you love about Christmas. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space! Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It's up to you! But, you must pass it on to at least one person in order to keep the Christmas cheer going! Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment.
Oh my. There are just so many things I love about the Christmas season. It has to be one of my favorite times of the year.
1. Celebrating the birth of Jesus our Saviour.
2. Singing the old Christmas hymns especially Silent Night and Away In A Manger.
3. Seeing the children do their Christmas programs at school and church. Of course at school they aren't allowed to say anything about Jesus.......grrrrrrrrr.......but I digress, you all know my feelings about that whole 'happy holiday' stuff.
4. Seeing all the beautiful lights at night that people put up.
5. Decorating my home and making it look festive with the aroma of fresh wassail simmering on the stove.
6. Watching the Christmas programs on tv on the Hallmark channel, the Family channel, ice skating to Christmas music, Charlie Brown, the cooking shows on the Food Network and of course the Christmas decorating shows on HGTV.
7. Seeing the excitement in my grand children's eyes on Christmas Eve when they come to my house to open gifts and spend time with their cousins and a house full of family.
8. Getting up early Christmas morning to put the turkey in the oven and then the yummy smell as it cooks.
I guess I did a few more then 5 and I could go on even more but will make myself stop with 8. I know I'm supposed to tag some more people but because it's so close to Christmas I will just say if you have the time and want to do this fun meme go for it! :o)
Here are a few pictures of some of my decorating.
Guess that's it for tonight. Hubby and I just took a ride around some of the neighborhoods looking at all of the Christmas displays. One house was just amazing! It must have taken them a week to put everything up on their house, it was just beautiful! It won the award for best decorated house last year and I bet it will again this year.