Thursday, October 7, 2010

This is what blogging is all about!

Guess who arrived this morning?!  Dawn, DC and Kev from Call Me Grandma Dawn! I have been looking forward to this visit for quite some time!  It was the most perfect day with the sun shining brightly and not freezing cold or raining.

I got a few pictures but forgot to have DC take one of Dawn and me together when he took one with his camera.  I'll have to ask for a copy of that one!  We hung out here for a while, Dad wanted to take the men on a ride through the carriage roads so Dawn and I went along in the.......ahem........poop cart that we use to haul the horse 'dressing' off in.  There wasn't room in the Rhino for us but we are hardy women and we made do with what we had.  :o)

                                           Kev, DC and Dad.


The leaves are on the Rhino are from the church block party that we had on Saturday.  The Hubs used it to chauffeur people from the church to the family center where the party was held.



                            Dawn with Kipper and Lil' Bud.




                               Kev feeding Kip some treats.





Last night we got to have dinner together and had a wonderful time.  It was raining cats and dogs so the beautiful view from the restaurant over the lake and all the fall foliage was not to be seen.  :o(  That is one reason I picked that restaurant because of the gorgeous view but maybe they can see it when they drive by today on their way north to Baxter State Park.

Dawn and I were celebrating because since we met last year we have lost a total of 72 pounds between us!!!!  42 for her and 30 for me!!  YAY!!  I still have a ways to go so am still chipping away at it but isn't that amazing?!! That's a whole 4th grader!!!









                                          Dawn, Kev and DC.




What a joy to get together and pick up like we live across the street from each other instead of halfway across the country!  This is what blogging is all about, meeting wonderful people and making friendships that will last forever!

13 comments:

Val said...

How fun is this!!! There are so many bloggers that I would love to meet in person too! You are one of them. Glad you had a great visit.

Mrs. Mom said...

YOU GO MM and GRANDMA DAWN!!!!!!!! You ladies both look amazing!!!


I'm tellin you MM, that Kipper is a pip! He is SO darn adorable. Makes you just want to stuff him in a pocket to adore! ;)

Sounds like everyone had an amazing visit! Love the outdoor shots- fall is so beautiful up there. You fill my yearning to see the changes perfectly!

50* here this AM and I'm LOVING it! *giggle*

xoxo The Other MM =)

Needled Mom said...

What fun for both of you. It really looks like you had a fabulous time together. I know that Dawn was looking forward to the trip.

Congratulations to both of you on all of the weight loss. That is awesome. I hope I recognize you when I see you in a few months!!!!

Good luck this weekend on the Parade. xoxox

Linds said...

What fun for both of you! I love hearing about my blogging friends meeting up. You both look beautiful!

Julie Harward said...

That is so awesome! I would love to do that. You two look so good..way to go on the loss. I am trying to get some off too. Come say hi :D

Hollie said...

So glad you guys were able to get toether! What a great visit!

Sharon said...

It sure looks like you enjoyed the time you had with a dear friend.
I agree it would be nice to meet some of them in person.
To bad about the nasty weather.
Have a great day.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a wonderful visit you all had. I love all the people I've met blogging and some I feel like I know as well as my family but I've never met in person with any of them. Congrats to the both of you on the weight loss.

Susan said...

Happy for both of you!!!

Anita said...

Well, how fun was that! Sometimes I wonder if I will meet a blogging buddy. Probably.

I sense the joy and peace you have when you socialize with friends and family. How nice.

EnJoy your weekend!

Dawn said...

What a blessing it was! We have been blessed to be together twice - who would believe it?? Love your pictures - I might have to "borrow" a couple - especially the one of Kev with Kipper. Thank again for EVERYTHING!!

Diane said...

WHAT FUN!

Isn't it great to meet with an "old friend" for the very first time! (Or for you and Dawn...the 2nd time!)

Blogging brings hearts together long before we meet in real life!

Love the photos....and LOVE how you both look! You BOTH ROCK!!!

Diane

Glenda said...

I'm sure you and Dawn had a wonderful time together in your beautiful part of the world! I enjoyed pics on both of your blogs.

Congrats on the weight loss!