Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Happenings~~~~~~BOO!





It's been Halloween around here a little early this year.  Lots of friendly spooks and happy haunters were roaming around the woods out in back of Son and DIL's home on Saturday night.


They, along with her sister and BIL spent many hours making a fun night for the neighborhood children and their parents.  They even had a small generator set up in the woods so that the lights could be lit and all the fun things could be seen.




This is Son leading them through the maze.  Look at the expressions on the little guys faces.  It was probably the eyeballs in a jar......






Here is the Hubs sitting in the Rhino with some of the kids eating chili and hot dogs.  There was a ton of food including the mice that Miss T and I made the day before.  More on that later.




There was face painting.




Lots of decorations.












A fire in the fire pit that the parents sat around while the kids were running, jumping, screaming, hollering, yelling, rolling on the ground, playing tag, you know, the things kids are supposed to be doing on Halloween.






Of course the obligatory cemetery.




















There were different stations all along the route with goodies for the kids to pick from.  Lots of things hanging in the trees and tons of fake spider webs hung everywhere.  Like I said, they put a lot of work in it and they said the looks on the kids faces made it all worth while.  :o)


Miss T and I made the mice for the party, well in this case we called them rats.  You drain the cherries and put them on paper towels, take slivered almonds and pick out ears that are kind of the same size.  You melt your chocolate and dip the cherry then set the Hersey kiss up against it, it will stick to the chocolate and harden in the refrigerator.  Put the eyes on with a tube of blue frosting.  Thank you to Miss Pea for posting this recipe last year!! 






















13 comments:

Julie Harward said...

What a lot of fun! Takes some work but it's worth it! We have made these little mice/rats before too and they are fun to do plus delicious! Have a good one! :D

Needled Mom said...

It looks and sounds like it was a fabulous evening! The kids really went to a lot of work to have it looking so Halloween-ish. It will be such a fun memory to all who attended.

Thanks for posting the mice. I was going to email you for the idea. I know the kids will love making them. It is hard to think that Halloween is here already. You know what that means. Yikes!

We finally got a little sun yesterday after not seeing it since we returned from Atlanta. It felt really good. Lo and behold, there was even a big moon under all of those clouds. Who knew????

Enjoy your week ahead, my dear friend. OR will be here before we know it! xox

Eileen said...

Looks like it was a fun evening for kids of all ages! My daughters and I will have to try making those mice. They loook like their fun to make and eat! :0)

Hollie said...

You guys really know how to have fun! Cute little rats

Nonnas News said...

wow, what a fun evening!! I love the little mice. I have seen those but never made any. I'll have to help my little Avery make some before long! Happy Halloween!!

Carole Burant said...

Oooooh, what a fun, fun, fun time that must have been!!! Those gravestones had me giggling. I love anyone who goes all out like that and like they say, just seeing the looks on the children's faces makes it all worth it:-) I'm going to miss decorating outside and inside this year but just don't have time with the renovations going on, plus all the furniture has been put in the bedrooms and I can't even get into the closet where the decorations are! lol

So glad you were able to make these mice, aren't they sooo cute? hehe No doubt the kids loved them.

It's been so windy over here, the door practically gets ripped out of my hand when I go out! It's been pouring rain as well although this morning it's sunny but supposed to resume raining by this evening. We're leaving for the funeral out of town tomorrow morning and the weather doesn't sound like it will have gotten better. Hate traveling in the rain:-(

Take good care and know that you are loved...by ME:-) xoxo

palmtreefanatic said...

what yummy treats!!!I just tried chocolate crunch covered cherries at a girls night out event and they were the bomb! I can only imagine how yummy those treats are!!

What a fun and Festive time you had!
love the gravestones:)so fun:)
love ya! xoxox

Sharon said...

It sure looks like you did a lot of work, but it looks like a lot of fun.
I love the little mice guys.
Will you be doing this on the 31st?
Hugs

Dawn said...

What a lot of work - and fun for the kids! I wish I enjoyed Halloween more - I am a real party pooper, I am afraid. Care Bear has lost her cat mask that she bought weeks ago, and it's the main part of her costume. I don't know what she's going to do tomorrow at school.

The Finale is finally up!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love your little mice. I'll have to remember that one for next year when I can do something like that with my grands. Looks like a lot of fun was had by all!

Rising Rainbow said...

Very cute little rats they are too!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Oh my gosh, it sounds like so much fun! I LOVE the mice, they are so cute!

Kerri said...

Looks like loads of fun :) What a great way for folks to spend Halloween - fun for all ages.
The mice are adorable. I'll bet you and Miss T had a ball making them.
Hard to believe November is here already, isn't it?
Our weather has been very wintry these past several days. Today we had beautiful sunshine but the wind was cold. I rugged up and planted some tulips. I hate to miss out on sunshine :)