Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Mom and I went shopping today, one of our favorite activities. We had a few things to return and always seem to come away with more then what we took back. :o) Guess that is a sign of a successful shopping trip. After leaving the dress shop we had to go to the feed store to pick up some things for the new pasture that we are putting in. It's not huge but it will give the boys a little more grazing space.
They always have interesting things at the feed store. Today they had six baby goats, or I guess they are called kids. It was feeding time so Mom got to hold the bottle for two of them, and no I didn't have my camera with me.......grrrrrrrrrrrr...... After that we had to visit Stuart the huge bunny that has been the mascot there for quite a few years. He has the run of the store usually unless someone brings in a female bunny to give away and then he is very naughty marking his territory so gets sent to his cage with the door closed instead of open.....He just never learns. Today his door was open and he was half laying out it so we got to pat him and scratch him behind the ears.
We have a new Tractor Supply that is due to open soon. They were working on hot topping the parking lot today when we went by. The only one I have ever been to is in Florida and found some cute boots and clothes for the grands so I am excited about this one. (Doesn't take much to excite me does it?!)
Pam over at Pam's Ponderings had this list in her post today so I thought I would do it too. Thanks Pam!!!
1. I was so excited when I bought new sheets, pillow cases, blankets and bedpreads at TJ Maxx yesterday for the lake house! The quality is great and the prices were really good!
2. If I had some "mad money" to spend right now, I'd buy: now, I'm talking about a lot of mad money here, doesn't cost a penny to talk about it, I'd buy a nice big RV and take a road trip around to visit all of my blogging buddies! Don't worry, I wouldn't stay long!!
3. I really shouldn't have walked quite so far this morning. It was fine going but it was a LONG way back!
4. Anything sad that I read about animals made me cry.
5. The antics of my grandchildren made me laugh a lot.
6. Family is awesome.
7. I just cannot believe how I am 59 years old and don't feel a day over 35!
8. I'm really looking forward to our trip to Tennesse in June.
9. The weather right now is raining but it could be snow so I'm not complaining!
10. My mood right now is happy for the many blessings God has bestowed on me, good health, wonderful hubby, great kids, beautiful grand kids, food to eat, a warm place to sleep, family that is close knit, my horses, good friends and a Father in heaven to look out for me to name a few.
11. I couldn't believe it when I got on the scales yesterday and hadn't lost a pound! :o(
12. And now I am going to: read below:
Almost time for American Idol so guess I will get my jammies on and see who does the best singing tonight. I'll have to DVR Dancing With The Stars and then see who gets the boot tonight. When we were horse showing we used to say we got "the gate" if we didn't place in a class. Guess this is kind of the same, I don't think they win anything if they get kicked off. :o(
Posted by Midlife Mom at 7:59 PM