Friday, April 23, 2010

Random Friday

I have been working in my gardens a bit this week.  It is so early for this but everyone is loving it.  I love hearing the lawn mowers going and seeing my neighbors out and about working in their yards.  Some of them I don't see all winter until warm weather arrives and then we are all out weeding, planting and trimming.

Noodles is my constant companion even when I don't need one.  He seems to like to lay on my computer table when I am working here.








Now Munchkin on the other hand likes to be in the same room with me but she prefers the sofa with a blanket to sleep on.  She never gets on the computer table for which I am very thankful!



I don't think she even woke up to have this picture taken.


Noodles likes to go on our walks with us but gets tired and wants to be carried or else he howls all the way back.  Tonight we put him in with my mother while we were out so that he couldn't follow us.  We try to sneak out in the morning but he usually hears us and comes running.  Hopefully he will get this out of his system soon and just stay home!

I had a birthday a while back and the kids came over to celebrate.  It was fun as they brought the cake and then let Miss T and Mr. D decorate it for me.







They have these cute little bug cupcakes at the bakery now.  Just the right size for kiddos!




I had a lovely surprise come in the mail from my friend Pea over at Pea's Corner!  What fun to open the box and find a beautifully wrapped present!  Whoops!  I guess I took the picture upside down!





She sure knows what I like!  It's a suncatcher with three horses and it is now hanging in one of the windows in my sunroom and is gorgeous!  Thank you Carole so much, I love it!!!!!



My friend Needled Mom makes the most beautiful post cards and I don't have a clue how she does it but it looks really difficult!  It was such a nice surprise to get one in the mail for my birthday!!!  Thank you NM, I know you put a lot of work into this and I love it!  Some day you must teach me how!!  :o)  Don't you think it goes well with my tiles in the kitchen?!




I don't think she knew it was my birthday but I got another nice surprise from Dawn at Call Me Grandma Dawn!  She knows that I love good old fashioned gospel quartet music as we have had conversations via blogging about this on several different occasions.  Her Hubby has sung in one at her church for many years and they have a cd and she sent me one!  It is excellent, I have listened to it numerous times already and downloaded it onto my Ipod!  Thank you so much Dawn, you made my day!





The turkeys have been strutting their stuff the last couple of weeks trying to impress the ladies.  The ladies looked less then impressed with the whole thing and kept wandering off.  Maybe they are playing hard to get.



If you have stuck it out to the end of this without slumping over in your chair asleep I am impressed.  I didn't get much blog time this week so had a lot to put in here.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Well Happy Birthday! Looks like you got a lot of nice surprises for your special day. Love all the pictures and the handsome fella making your cake.
Your cats are so precious. Aren't they the best company. I sure love my Tinkerbell
Again Happy Birthday
Maggie

Needled Mom said...

Now that looks like one YUMMY (and gooey) cake!!!! Looks like the kids had a blast making it for you. Those bug cupcakes look like they are right up the alley for a kid. Soooo cute.

Glad that you had a wonderful birthday. Your suncatcher is perfect for you and wrapped so lovely. I hope the card arrived in time for your birthday as I had to mail it once we got back from Chicago.

I will have to check out Dawn's DH CD. I'll bet it is wonderful.

Those turkeys are HUGE!!!!! I can't imagine why the females would not be impressed with that strutting. Maybe she is playing hard to get.

Are the cats enjoying being able to be outside more now that it is warmer? It's always nice to have help in the garden!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

palmtreefanatic said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That is one amazing cake made with love!
hope you had a blast!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Happy {late} birthday! Love the turkeys. So fun.

Julie Harward said...

Nice gifts...fun! That cake, oh my...bet it was delicious! Cute kids too. Aren't our pets such a blessing...I try to go for a walk and my cats follow me...worse than a dog. Of late, I am just walking about the property trying to get my strength back...there I go with my big golden and two little dogs and back there aways is both my outside cats...following right along! Come say hi :D

Mrs. Mom said...

Happy Birthday MM!!!!! And MANY MORE!!!

Oh gosh.. cake.... *sigh*....

Love the expression on the hen's face while the tom is dancing for her.... "Oh please. Been there done that..." ;)

Happy Weekend!

Carole Burant said...

Happy BELATED Birthday my dear friend:-) I'm so glad that your parcel reached you safely, I was having nightmares of it being shattered! LOL As soon as I saw it, I knew that's what I had to get for you:-)

Look at that precious birthday cake decorated by your grands. They did a perfect job and no doubt it tasted that much better:-)

Your cats are so gorgeous and don't you just love the way they have their own little character. Even with the strays I used to feed, I could tell they had different characters and attitudes! lol

We're having nothing but sunshine these days and it's starting to get warmer so like you, all our neighbours are starting to come out and do yard work. I have lots of tulips and daffodils starting to bloom in my flowerbeds at the front of the house so it's nice to have some colour in there again.

I've been busy the last couple of days pricing stuff for a yard sale I'm making next weekend...last year I had vowed I was never making another one because it was too much work but look what I'm doing!!!! lol I've given so much stuff away but what I have for the yard sale is just too good to just give away so I'll try to make a little money out of it:-)

Hope your weekend is going well...love you to bits. xoxox

Terri said...

I love the cakes! I think ur little ones did a great job!I also love your cats! Hubby has put his foot down tho. No more animals!
Happy Birthday ! I can see it was special!
See Ya Soon,
Terri

Dawn said...

I am so glad the CD arrived in time for a birthday gift - what a nice coincidence for me and you!! I am still so happy that you love it so much. Did your mom get hers??

Those kiddie cupcakes look sinfully delicious - and I love the way the kids decorated your cake!

Ms.Pea is so thoughtful and NM is SO talented!!

Have a wonderful week.

hippo chick said...

It's always fun catching up. Happy Birthday. Sorry I didn't know. The cake is a work of art, isn't it?

It's amazing how cupcakes have made a comeback. I just bought a new cupcake cookbook, but haven't baked any of them yet. So much to do, so little time.

~hippo hugs~

Dawn said...

Talked to Kev last night - please pray for him as he has a horrific cold, maybe sinus infection or other yucky things. They won't let him stay in bed. He's miserable. But he had a wonderful time at the camp and the weather was great. It was at a Young Life camp on Lake Champion in Glen Spey, NY.

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday to you.
I love the cake that is being decorated for you.
I am going to try and get some yard work done this weekend if it don't rain.
You got some wonderful gifts.
Have a great week.

prashant said...

Nice gifts...fun!
post free classified ads