No this isn't my horse or cat, I just liked the picture. :o)
Quite a few of you were on the right track on this contraption. It is a cream separator that my grandmother used on the farm. My Dad said he spent many hours as a kid turning the crank at just the right speed or it wouldn't do its job properly. It is about 75 years old and he can remember when they bought it new.
The boys will be coming home in the next week or so. I am waiting for things to dry up a bit in the pasture so that they don't muddy it up racing and tearing around. Nick is off stall rest finally after his injections in his back and has been running and leaping in the air in the indoor arena. I bought new rubber mats for all the stalls and my yard man put them in for me and they look really good. He put screws in them to keep them in place and then in the fall we can take them out and wash them with the power washer.
I sold the team harness that Kipper and Skipper have on in this picture. I haven't used them in a long time and now with Skip gone I have no need for them. A good friend of mine noticed an ad in Uncle Henry's that a family was looking for a team harness and she contacted them for me and they drove two hours to look at them and bought them yesterday. It was bittersweet. In a way I hated to see them go as it was part of Skip's history but I'm not one to have things sitting around until they are of no use so it only made sense to sell them. The couple that bought them are delightful, we had a nice time talking horses and they brought pictures of theirs for me to see. They will send me pictures of the harnesses on them when they get them adjusted.
DIL and I went to the lake yesterday to go over things with the project manager. We are making a lot of changes that will utilize the space better as the cottage is very small. We have moved the kitchen to the back and put two sets of sliding glass doors in the front so that we can have a better view of the water.
This is going to be the new bathroom downstairs. There is just a half bath on the main floor. There were two rooms, one being the full bath and the other the laundry room. We decided to make it all one room so that it would be bigger and we could put in a tub and not just have a shower. They were putting down the new cement after reconfiguring the plumbing.