Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Who stole my sunroom?

The cats and I are wearing earplugs as there is a lot of banging and clanging going on around here.  My sun room is gone and they are now in the process of rebuilding it.

sunroom23 001

sunroom23 007

You may notice that they put a railing across my sliding glass doors so that I would not walk out through there and land on my head.

sunroom23 038

It’s hard having everything in such a mess but it will be worth it when it is all done as it is going to be winterized and made just like a part of the house with heat, good windows and no breezes blowing through in January!  :o)   We have all of the family get togethers here so it will be nice to be able to use it for that at Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It is going to be bigger which is nice as it seems to be the place we congregate.

Miss T and I have been doing a lot of trail riding this week as the weather has been good.  Our weather pattern is such that it is good during the week and then cold and rainy on the weekends!!!  We did get to the lake on Saturday but I didn’t have my plants to set out so took a nice nap on the sofa while the Hubs reclined in his new recliner chair for Father’s Day.

Miss K is coming along good with her riding lessons.  In this shot she is collecting rocks that I place on the fence posts and she puts them in the little bag attached to the saddle horn.  It’s just to practice stopping and starting and bending over to reach the rocks to work on balance.  It’s a game she and Miss T like to play.

sunroom23 051

Little Bud is such a patient ole’ boy.  My camera had died but after this they rode bareback together, T was facing the back and K was facing the front!  It was a hoot!  Then they practiced Round the World and walking with their arms out from their sides.  I would like to have a dollar for every time I say ‘put your hands down’! ha!  I have tried everything, come on horse people give me some ideas!!!  I’ve done the hold your hands down like you were playing a piano, holding an ice cream cone, even with your belly button etc etc… HELP!

sunroom23 059

sunroom23 044

More flowers are in bloom now.  It seems new ones open each day.  This is a new little clematis that I put in last year and didn’t think it would make it but it is blooming like crazy.

sunroom23 019

The old fashioned roses are in bloom now and smell soooooooo good!

sunroom23 036

sunroom23 033

The bridal wreath that I planted on each side of the gate that goes into the barn just exploded with blooms this year!

sunroom23 031sunroom23 021

Wild daisies in the raspberry patch.

sunroom23 035

 

sunroom23 029

My nemesis Mrs. Raccoon that has been living in my hayloft finally brought her babies out today.  They are so cute and cuddly looking but I wouldn’t dare touch them! She has three and also a bob tail!  I wonder what happened to her tail?

raccoons 2011 011 

raccoons 2011 014

raccoons 2011 006

They had better enjoy the seeds and peanuts now because when this deck is torn off due to rot, there won’t be any seeds on the new one.  I’d say they’ve got about a month before the crew tackles that job.  :o)   They are cute though aren’t they???!!!

11 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

Umm.. take their reins away. Put Ol Bud in a halter, with a lead rope, and ... take their reins away. Hands on hips, and see if they can steer him with seat and legs, just for the heck of it.

Don't know that it will work, but it will be fun!

Everything looks so so beautiful up there!! And cool. Much cooler than here. *wistful sigh*

Happy riding!!!!

Anita said...

You seem to have a lot of natural beauty and joy in your life, which is such a blessing.

I'm sure you have your challenges like the rest of us, but your appreciation of nature and family stands out and is inspiring.

Needled Mom said...

You are going to love the new sunroom. It is such a pain to have to go through the construction, but worth it in the end.

I have no idea about what to do for the hands. Tie them down???? lol

Those raccoons are adorable, but I know what a pain they are too. They will be disappointed when you tear that deck off.

Your flowers are just gorgeous. That is such a pretty clematis and your rose looks so healthy. I am sure everything is enjoying the nicer weather.

Glad you got up to the lake - if only for a luscious nap!!! Sounds wonderful to me. xoxox

Linds said...

Oh your new sun room is going to be amazing! What a fabulous extension to look forward to! I know the mess is a pain, but then you get to decorate too, and that is always great fun.

Your flowers are beautiful - I get so excited when new ones start blooming, and the first thing I do every day is go and patrol the flowerbeds to check what is happening out there. Now if we could just have a little rain, that would help!

Sharon said...

I can't wait to see the finished project. It sounds like it is going to be a great room for you.
Your photos of your grands are so cute.
I tried to email you with a question about horses, but it would not allow me to.
My email is sharon2@abcseamless.org

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That new room is going to be wonderful. Making use of it year round is a great idea! Lots going on at your house for sure. The raccoons are precious to look at. We have them visit our garbage cans at the camper every summer, but they come when we are asleep. We have found their foot prints though so we know who was there. Your flowers look wonderful. I love this time of year, I just wish the rain would let up a bit. We are opposite of you have rain most of the week and then Sat and Sunday we have some sun.

Dawn said...

Your flowers are doing so fabulous this year - ours are, too and I think they liked the long, cool, crazy spring. I would love to see them - that climatis is gorgeous!

Your project looks like a lot of work, but it will be so nice!

The raccoons are cute, but I wouldn't want the around, I don't think.

Are you going to be around the week of July 21-27? Would love to get together again!

Rachel said...

That horse is absolutely beautiful!!

The raccoons are so cute. We have lots of them here and they never seem to get full! The babies are the cutest though! They will take food from my hand, but that's as far as it goes!

I love the bridal wreath! That is so pretty. You obviously have a green thumb!!

The sunroom will be wonderful. I love sunrooms and wish I had one. What a great place to relax!

Carole Burant said...

My mom always said "You have to suffer to be beautiful" when I'd cry out that she was pulling my hair when she was making ringlets in it...I apply the same saying to construction work! lol It's such a mess but well worth it once it's done:-) You will definitely enjoy your new sunroom and being able to use it even in the winter time will be terrific.

Love all of your flowers, so gorgeous. The weather has been the same over here, mostly gorgeous during the week but cold and rainy during the weekends! This past week, though, it's been raining every day, including today but tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny so I'm looking forward to that. Last night we had such a huge thunderstorm and the rain was coming down so hard I thought for sure my veggie garden was going to flood!! My poor flowers have taken a beating, I had to go tie quite a few of them up as they were laying on the ground from the rain.

The raccoon babies are so darling, makes you wish they stayed that size:-) We have one that's been hanging around here and every night I notice the shed light comes on and sure enough it's a huge raccoon eating bird seeds. E refuses to let me feed it! lol

I must go start on cooking supper, sausage on a bun:-) Have a wonderful weekend my friend. Love you!! xoxoxo

nancygrayce said...

Oh, it's a mess to remodel, but when it's finished, it's so worth it! Your flowers are gorgeous! Our flowers didn't last long this year. I think the heat got to them.

palmtreefanatic said...

The sunroom looks like it will be amazing when finished! So relaxing and inviting as I can see it now....ahhhh....;)

The racoons are so cute!

Such gorgeous flowers! looks so nice there!